Using Ewon Cosy 131 with Ewon Flexy 203

I have an Ewon Flexy 203 Ethernet to Serial port gateway connecting to a PLC. However, I do not have an internet ethernet line in the building I’m using this with. I do have an Ewon Cosy 131 with 4G mobile data that I would like to use for the internet connection. I have followed the steps to use it as an open internet connection, but nothing seems to be working.

The other option I was looking at was if there’s a way to connect through the VPN on the 4G Modem, and then connect to the Flexy.

Any tips or advice on how to make this work? I do not want to have to add more IT infrastructure for a one time use.

Thanks.

Hello,

Can you confirm you have these parameters set on the ewon? This will allow you to reach the internet thought the LAN of the cosy.
How to access the Internet via the Cosy (beside Talk2M VPN) (windows.net)

In this setup the Cosy is acting as a gateway on the LAN. The flexy’s WAN would connect to the cosy’s LAN allowing it to reach the internet and come online itself.

Alternatively as you mentioned you could connect the flexy’s lan to the cosy and remote into the cosy over the VPN and access the Flexy at its LAN ip.

Hi Deryck,

Yes, I can confirm the settings on the Cosy are correct. I noticed that the Flexy’s gateway would have to be set to the IP of the Cosy’s LAN. The Flexy was set for DHCP, so can I just set the Cosy as a DHCP server to automatically give these settings to the Flexy? Will that work?

Hi @jhoward,

The best option would be to run the internet config wizard on the flexy to configure a static IP in the Cosy LAN subnet with the Cosy IP set as the gateway.

Deryck