ViewOn: Multiple Devices

Is there a way to distinguish the difference between two separate devices that are logged onto the same eWON ViewOn pages through M2Web?

For example:
The first device that logs one shall be “Device 1”. The second device that logs on shall be “Device 2”. When “Device 1” clicks a button, Variable1 goes high. When “Device 2” clicks the same button, Variable2 goes high.

@nickTriPhase1

Do you want the device’s to be identified dynamically? First device that connects will always be device one? If not, are you trying to statically identify different devices in m2web?

@hms_support

I was thinking something along the lines of there being a slider switch to choose between Device 1 and Device 2 when you get to the viewon page. If Device 1 is already selected, then Device 2 would be automatically assigned. If a slider bar isn’t possible, then could potentially have it so that the first device that connects will always be device one.

Two other important attributes I should also mention:
-The subsequent viewon pages (after the device 1 or 2 selection page) know that Device 1 or Device 2 is selected.
-Device 1 and Device 2 should be able to both use the ViewOn page at the same time.

@nickTriPhase1

Is variable 1 and variable 2 on the same PLC or is variable 1 on PLC 1 / variable 2 on PLC 2?
This is definitely possible but will require java script here most likely using cookies and sessions.

They are on the same PLC. Seems like having two separate, yet identical looking sets of ViewOn pages might be easier than dealing with cookies and sessions I think.

Thank you!