ViewON Page Empty

Sometimes, when I open my project, one of the pages is completely empty!

It is not empty if uploaded to the device however, but all I can see in viewON is a blank page.

If I add anything to it, it immediately disappears, but will show up if uploaded onto the eWON.

I cannot change any properties such as page dimensions, when I say I cannot, I mean I open the menu to do it but the OK button cannot be pressed.

I’ve tried re-importing it, but the same. This has happened a couple of times before and the only solution I’ve had is to roll back to a previous version, which is very annoying. I haven’t changed anything since it was last up. Sometimes it even happens if the page is open, then you close just the page (not the project), then re-open it.

How can I get my page back, and what causes this if I haven’t changed anything?

I suspect it may be some sort of reference to an image or something that has got corrupt?

@tomcs123

How many pages or views do you have open?
To create an additional view, do you duplicate another view or do you insert a new view?

If you could provide that viewon logs that would help us troubleshoot your issue as well.
The viewon logs are located at C:\Users\username.viewon

I create a new view. But usually all the views are open as viewON just does this on startup.

If I close all the views the same thing still happens.

Log is attached but the most recent version has been downgraded to last working version so it may not show

log.xml (1.7 KB)

@tomcs123

If you navigate to to C:\Users\username.viewon, do you see a file called viewonerrors.log?
This text file would be useful in troubleshooting your issue.

OK, I’ve changed the ext to .txt as it wouldn’t let me upload a .log

viewONerrors.log.txt (512.1 KB)

@tomcs123

Thanks for the quick upload.

After looking through your logs, it seems that your user directory is mapped to a D drive.
This is the root cause of your issue.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Documents\viewON Projects\eWON Virtue 1.0\export\PCS1-ref.png (The system cannot find the file specified)

The safest and easiest way to get around this issue would be to use a virtual machine where the default user directory is mapped to the C drive.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: ViewOn Page is showing Blank