VNC Connection to PC through Ewon Cosy 131 using TightVNC

I’m having an issue connecting to a remote PC using Tight VNC through the Ewon Cosy 131. I have a PLC (192.168.5.50/20) and a PC (192.168.5.55/20) connected to the lan port using a switch to connect them both. I have no issue pinging both devices. I can connect to the PLC without issue. I have loaded TightVNC server on the remote PC and I’m using the TightVNC viewer on my local PC in the office.
When I try and connect to the remote PC it connects and ask me for password. For testing purposes, I have disabled both the Require VNC authentication and Administration Password. It really doesn’t matter what I do it continues to challenge me for a password.
I can completely disconnect, use a crossover cable and connect the remote PC and local PC (both are located on the same desk for testing ). Change the remote PC to reside in my IP/Subnet and I can connect without a challenge from the remote PC.
Simple, I can connect locally without issue but get authentication challenge when doing through Cosy.
I really don’t understand what is going on here so if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks for your assistance

Hello Mike,

Seeing a /20 subnet it suggests this is more then a simple network, you might be reaching another device on the network. If you disconnect the VNC server PC from the ewon then try the VNC connection though ecatcher do you still get the password prompt? If it does you might be getting to a different PC. Try setting up the ewons lan to only connect to the PC you are trying to VNC into.

You could also try running another application on the PC that you can reach over ethernet and see if that is accessible over. A FTP server might be a simple option.

Deryck