WAN IP Address static over Ethernet

Hello there

One of our customers does not have his DHCP Server active, has no WIFI and our FLB3202 has no connection where the plant is at the moment.

So, which parameters do I have to change in comcfg to manually set a static IP Address on the WAN Port?
I think I basically need 4 parameters: IP-Address, Subnet, Gatewayserver-IP and a parameter to set DHCP or static.

Greets pstark

Hello @pstark,

I would recommend running the internet configuration wizard to set the parameters. This will make sure you set which interface to use along with all necessary settings.

To do it manually you will need to set the WANCnx to the correct interface. Then configure the interface to use static addressing for the wired connection this is with the UseBOOTP parameter. You will then need to set the necessary parameters for IP, Mask, gateway, and DNS address.

If you set these manually and it doesn’t connect I recommend running the wizard to ensure a setting was not missed and to allow the wizard to verify the settings and test the connection.

ssh-0050-00-en-ewon-comcfg-txt.pdf (windows.net)

Deryck

Hello @deryck_hms

Thanks for sending the documentation.

I looked through all of the parameters and found the necessary ones I need.
I’d like to share my solution which worked for me:

• WANCnx = 2 (for primary connection set to ethernet - use WANFbckCnx for fallback option)
  • UseBOOTP2 = 2 (Need this one - not “UseBOOTP” - to configure whether static or DHCP on WAN port)
  • EthIpAddr2 (Need this one - not “EthIP” - to configure the WAN port’s IP-Address)
  • EthIpMask2 (Need this one - not “EthMask” - to configure the WAN port’s Subnet mask)
  • EthGw (Here you can set the router’s IP-Address)

Greets pstark

Ah you are correct I apparently was not thinking clear when i grabbed that info.