WS200 won't connect to netbiter argos

I need help with my WS200 Gateway that won’t connect to the netbiter argos service. An internet connection is connected to the Ethernet Port. I followed the manual to setup the gateway. It can communication with a Modbus RTU device but it just won’t talk with your server. Have you any suggestion of thing to check in order for it to connect to your server ?

Thank

Hello @jrproulx

This device was more intended to be used for a local connection and didn’t have full argos support. Also it has entered its depreciated stage and may not be able to get onto Argos anymore. However, there is a security patch that may be able to get you online:

https://www.netbiter.com/support/file-doc-downloads/netbiter-ws200

Unfortunately this device is no longer has development support

Hi Tim,

First thank you for your help.

Also, when you say that this product may not be able to get onto Argos anymore, it is possible for HMS to confirm or not if this product is still working with Argos ? We bought this product for this feature (Argos) so if it is not supported anymore we will send it back.

Thank you

Hello,

Just a heads up for the device you’re using right now

Obsolete_-_Netbiter_EC150_EC250_WS100_WS200.pdf (204.4 KB)

We’re going to try and connect to one of the devices on our end and see if it’s still possible to get onto Argos

Hi @jrproulx

it seems like it’s still possible to connect to Netbiter with this. Sorry for the delay

Hey Tim,

Since this product will not be supported in the near future, we are trying to figure out what we are going to do with it. I the case we keep it, I’ll probably need more help since on our side we could not connect it to Netbiter Argos even by following the manual instruction. Maybe we missed something.

Thank you for the help so far

If you planning on switching products we were wondering what you were going to be trying to do with the device? If it’s just going to be looking at remote data we’d probably recommend using a Flexy device. Can you tell us a little more about what you want to use the devices for?

We want to have access to a few parameter of a Modbus RTU device over the internet. The customer need to see his fuel level, if the genset is in alarm, fault, running, etc.

We are looking at the Netbiter EC310 to do this.

You should be able to do this with either the Flexy or the Netbiter that you’re looking at.

The Netbiter EC310 seem to be a great product so far, thank

1 Like