X-gateway fatal error after firmware download failled on AB9007-B

Hi
After try download the lastest firmware (FWP_ABX_ETNM_PRT_2PS_V_1_13_01) on AB9007-B
with HMS firmware download TP (2.16.1.2)
the X-Gateway don’t restart, and wait a firmware
what is the correct way to flash the firmware

thanks

Hi mick,

to do a firmware download, you need to use the USB Interface of the X-Gateway Modbus TCP Master.
for the AB9007-B you already choose the correct fw type: FWP_ABX_ETNM_PRT_2PS_V_1_13_01
and you have a newer Firmware download TP Version than 2.14 (you have 2.16)

Choose Interface: Anybus X-Gateway Modbus TCP
And follow the Solution Sheet Firmware Download Anybus X-gateway Modbus-TCP.pdf
that you can find here:
https://www.anybus.com/de/technical-support/pages/files-and-documentation---x-gateway-modbus-tcp-client?orderCode=AB9007

you need to connect it with an USB cable but you need to choose/ create the Serial Path COM-Port Transport provider.
And you need to find the COM port number the X-gateway has been assigned to in your Device Manager.
If you have a lot of COM Ports and the X-Gateway gets assigned a number higher than 9.
I recommend to delete some of your Com-Ports and to assign that Gateway a COM port between 1-9.

When the Software tells you it is now waiting for booting, you need to manually boot the Gateway as Described in the Solution sheet/ Application Note Firmware Download Anybus X-gateway Modbus-TCP.pdf

If there went something wrong with the Fw Download and the X-Gateway does not react anymore, you need to Contact the Support/ RMA were you bought it from.

br
Franziska

Hi franziska,
thanks for reply
I followed the instructions, but during the last transfer I got this error screen :
Capture d’écran 2021-09-21 142904

Do you have an idea of ​​the problem?

Did you make shure that the Com port is between 1-9?

The Progress bar would need to be more at 99-100 % to still have worked…
Sometimes the tool gives in the last few percent a fail even so it worked, and needs a reboot but the progress is not far enough for that.

Does the Gateway still do anything? (if you reboot it) can you still find the Modbus TCP master side with IP config and access the webpage?
If you can not update it and can not reach it anylonger it’s an RMA…

br
Franziska