XGateway setup with RSLogix5000

Good afternoon,

We have a Rockwell RSLogix5000 needing to talk to a Modbus TCP system,
We have placed the XGateway between to handle the conversion, the RSLogix provides a few different erorrs as well as we are unable to open up the Configuration wizard of the XGateway.
An error we are receiving is noting that there is an invalid input size. and a different error we saw previously was noting that the XGateway was an incorect device.

Are you able to advise of possible known setups between these devices, as well as possible limitations for tag generation which migh point to this?

Any possible information to help get this moving would be apprecaited,
Please advise of any additional information required.

Hi,

In order to help, we would need to know which X-Gateway you have. Do you have the article number?

Also, what is the Modbus TCP system? Is this a client (master) or server (slave)? Is it one device or multiple?

I am also having an issue, I am using an anybus X-gateway to send data from a pre configured modbus machine to the PLC. I can see the data and the data files on the website provided by HMS but cannot get the data to populate in the RSLogix 5000. I have added the .eds files also added the AB9006-B Anybus X gateway to the ethernet tree and It sees the module but faults due to invalid input size

also the anybus is an AB9006-B

to add to this, I am using an L61 rev 20.13 processor and and ENBT Rev 4.003

I just started working with this a couple weeks ago and found thru tech support that if your using the 9006-B you need to look on the web page for the 9006-B under the Modbus Servers and the Global configuration limits section for the input and output limits value. You should see something like “…Input data 34/256 bytes. I/O mapped output data 16/256 bytes.” You then take the 34 and 16 (or what yours shows mapped) and have to put it in the module definition in Studio 5000. If you change the mapped information this number will change and you will need to change it in offline mode and then go back online and reload the configuration in the PLC to get the new values in the plc. This works 100% of the time. The symptom you will see is I/O error blinking and warning icon on the icon for the module in Studio.

This means that the input size does not match between the Anybus and the PLC. To create an Ethernet/IP connection, the sizes must match. You can go to the Mapping Overview page in the Anybus to see the correct IO sizes.