AB7007 Existing Communicator Retrieve Configuration

I am working on a project for a customer that has an existing AB7007. It is twelve years old and was installed by a contractor that is no longer in business. They want me to configure a spare AB7072 with the same configuration that the existing AB7007 has installed BUT they don’t have the original configuration file.
How can I do this? I am reading in this forum that there is not a way to pull the configuration off of the AB7007.
There is about 400 data points passing through the AB7007.
Hopefully if I can’t retrieve/upload the CFG I can recreate the new one easily.
Next question is: I can PING the AB7007 can I view/monitor the subnetwork with Ethernet? Configuration manager appears to only let me view the AB7007 with serial com?

Hello @lday,

You can connect to the device using the rj11 serial programming port. to do this you will need the serial programing cable, a db9 to rj11 cable. If needed you can use a usb-2-serial to connect. Once you are connected you can upload the config from the device. You can then reuse the configuration on another device. Where you are change to a ab7072 you will need change the field bus to use the 2 port ethernet/IP / modbus tcp option.

You can view the the raw serial by connecting to the device via the programming cable and taking a log. Though the ethernet side you can only access the data on the device. Either though ethernet/IP or modbus TCP.

Deryck

Okay. Thanks

Did that solution work for this case? Did you trieve the config file from your gateway?

This does work. We have had many customers successfully upload and than transfer a config from the AB7007 to the AB7072.

Yes it worked.

Yes. It worked… You need the cable that came with the bridge and a USB to 9 pin serial converter at the laptop if you don’t have an old laptop with serial port.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Retrieve configuration file from Anybus gateway