AB7629: Can not communicate with the profibus Slaves

Hi,
I connected the X1.1 upper connector (Profibus Master) to the Profibus Hub Master and connected the slaves into the slaves port.
But when I did “scan network”, it only shows the X-Gateway.
Is there anything wrong with my cable?

When I am using the existing PLC as the Profibus Master, it works with the slaves, but not with x-gateway.

Please advise

Hello,

What is the Profibus Hub Master you are using? When you are using the PLC as the master, are you also using the Profibus Hub Master.

Please keep in mind that if the node is the last on a bus segment, use a Profibus connector with built-in terminating resistors.

What are the statuses of the LEDs on the gateway?

Are you using the Anybus NetTool for Profibus or another Profibus network configuration tool? Make sure you have installed the GSD file (available on the Product Page ).

Kyle

Hi,

What are the statuses of the LEDs on the gateway?

All Green…

Are you using the Anybus NetTool for Profibus or another Profibus network configuration tool? Make sure you have installed the GSD file (available on the
Product Page
).

I used the netTool and load up the GSD file already in there. Is it?

Best,

[cid:image001.png@01D3B13E.CD95C670]

Kyle,

Can I just use a regular DB9-RS-232 cable to the Hub?

Best,

No, you need to use a Profibus cable or this will not work.

Do I need all of those signal to the Hub?

Best,

I can’t really comment on the other devices or non-HMS products. If they were working before than they will probably continue to work. I’m just saying that you will need a profibus cable to connect the X-Gateway up to the profibus network.

No problem…

Let me ask the field to make the cable with the termination.

Best,

Hi Kyle,

Just continuing our conversation…

I am able to scan the network and able find few of the Profibus Slaves… but all of their GS file is not found. How do I get those GS file for each of them? Is there any list I can get from?

Best,

You can get the GSD files from the manufacturer of the devices. Are these Anybus devices you are talking about?

I can not find it anywhere in their website… How can I resolve this?

Best,