Can't read tags on flexy 202 using serial port

Hi,

I’m trying to implement a flexy 202 reading tags using serial port from Modbus simulator slave.

I have configured the eWon as in the manual, but I still can’t get any readings:

Thanks,

Yair

Make sure the parity matches. from your screen shots it looks like the parity is set to odd on the pc.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Yes correct, I think I just took wrong screenshot. But now everything is the same but still I get the same errors.

Maybe it’s the half / full duplex configuration? What should I config there?
I tried all the options but still gets the same errors.

Where you are seeing frame errors this tells us there is some traffic being seen but it does not match what is expected. If the parity is correct it could be something else wrong in the response. Try enabling the serial debugging this should show you the raw serial traffic.

You should be able to compare the response you are receiving to what is expected to see if something is incorrect. simplymodbus.ca has a about section that should be helpful.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I succeeded to do so. Apparently I did it with serial com that allows only RS-232 communication and not RS-485, so it worked eventually only with 232.

I will use this debugging to check to communication for next time. I didn’t know it is even exist this feature.

Thanks!
Yair

Great!
Let me know if there is anything in particular I can help with.