Even eBuddy won't connect?

There were no Red Lights on the eWON. There’s no way to tell if the USR light was blinking at this point, as the unit has been boxed up and is being sent back to me.

@mitchell.hein

Alright, well if you do end up troubleshooting an unresponsive eWON, the USR LED can definitely aid in troubleshooting.

Here’s a quick guide:

Blinking green
If the eWON USR LED is blinking green then it’s booting properly. If we are unable to communicate with the eWON then we are most likely using the wrong LAN IP or our PC is not set in the same subnet.

Blinking Red
If it’s blinking red then an extension card may be installed in the wrong slot OR a duplicate LAN IP exists on the network. If using a 4G cellular extension card, firmware 12.1s2 is required before it will boot up properly.

Solid Color
If it’s a solid orange/red then there may something wrong with the power supply powering the eWON or the firmware/hardware of the eWON.

Excellent. I should have it by Next Day Air tomorrow, and this guide may be what I need to solve it.

Thanks!

1 Like

I just received the unit, and can confirm.
I can’t even connect to it locally with eBuddy.
Power LED and USR LED are both lit, the LAN4 LED lights when a LAN cable is plugged in.
However, I get no device showing up in eBuddy, and can’t access it using Internet Explorer.

Any suggestions on how to “wake it up”?

@mitchell.hein

Can you provide the serial number of the device?

1503-0001-56

@mitchell.hein

That’s a serial number for a 4005CD, can you confirm that you are using a 4005CD and not a flexy?

Sorry… that was the S/N of the unit it replaced.
The Flexy’s number is 1708-0063-21

@mitchell.hein

if the USR LED is a solid color then we’ll need to perform a recovery on the device to see if we can get in a normal state.

To do a recovery, you’ll need to plug your PC into a 10/100 Ethernet switch and then from the switch into eWON’s LAN port 1.

Pages 6-10 of the following document review the recovery process using the software eBuddy:

Is this what you would expect to see?

@mitchell.hein

Yes, It’s alright if eBuddy doesn’t see the device during the recovery.
You can type the serial number in manually.

The eWON now shows up in eBuddy.
When I attempt to do a backup, I get this:
I also get the same message when I attempt to Update the Firmware again.

I tried to use the Connection Wizard to get it Online.
It DID see the Internet, and passed that test, but when I tried to use the Talk2M wizard, I got this:

@mitchell.hein

Have you tried the recovery procedure outlined on pages 6-10 in the KB-0114-0 document above?
Passive mode is usually used for the typical firmware update but not a recovery.

The recovery procedure is how I got it this far. Before, It didn’t even show up on eBuddy.

Now, I see it on eBuddy (with the functional limitations mentioned above), and I can get into the eWON using Internet Explorer. I lost all my tags, and most of the configuration… but the scripts are all still in there.

So, it looks like only part of the restore worked.

I’d put the backup in there, but I get the error mentioned previously.

@mitchell.hein

XML data errors can occur with I.E. I’d recommend trying firefox/chrome.

Additionally, ensure your PC is set in the same subnet of the eWON and remove the EZDHCP address from the eWON in eBuddy if it’s using one.

I’m cutting and pasting my configuration in using FTP with CONFIG.TXT, and it looks like I’m getting close. I do see it online in eCatcher. Once I can get the backup and restore functions working, I’ll be happy.

It appears I got it working. I had to manually restore a bunch of the settings using FTP into CONFIG.TXT.

However, it was showing up on the local browser, eBuddy (where I did get a successful backup), and eCatcher.

The only thing that worries me now is why it failed in the first place. It had been off for several months, and worked with no issues when it was last used. Why would the firmware have gone bad?

Despite the fact that the serial number is outside the range, should I be concerned that this is the case?

@mitchell.hein

You should not be concerned if it is outside the range in the technical update.
Although rare, I find that unresponsive eWONs in similar states to your device are due to power surges.

Topic closed due to inactivity.