EWON Flexy - DHCP Server Issue

Hi,

I have an issue with the configuration of my EWON Flexy as a DHCP Server.

My EWON is acting as a router for my devices that need access to Web and I want to add DHCP Server in the EWON.

Devices on my EWON LAN side :

192.168.0.1 = > Device (has to be fix IP)
192.168.0.80 = > My PC
192.168.0.253 = > EWON (fix IP)
X.X.X.X = > Device that needs DHCP to get IP

Network has to be 192.168.0.X

I used your document KB-0267-00 / Rev. 1.1

From my point of view everything should be ok, but it isn’t …
The device X.X.X.X doesn’t get an IP address.

I tried with my PC, and I got IP 169.254… (see below to see DHCP IP range I put)

Here are some informations about my config :

IP :

WAN :

ROOTING :

DHCP settings :

Thank you.

Franck

Hello Franck,

Can you provide a back up with support files of the unit?

Kevin,

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (1.3 MB)

Hello Franck,

Thank you for pulling the back up, but i am missing some files.

Within eBuddy, can you perform a backup with Support files? YOu can do this by performing the steps in the post below:

Kevin,

Sorry about this.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (1.4 MB)

Is this better ?

Hello,

For the PC connection, Are you checking the internet IP or the tap adapter to the unit?

Can we schedule at time for a screenshare so that I may review the issue.

I would also advise updating the firmware to 14.0s.02, there were a few ugs on the 14.0s.01.

Hi Kevin,

I updated the firmware to 14.0s.02 and there is no improvement. Still getting wrong address when I try with PC.

Franck

Hi Kevin,

For the PC connection, Are you checking the internet IP or the tap adapter to the unit?
I don’t understand what you call internet IP (I know IP address) and I don’t understand tap adapter.

If you are talking about allowing PC to connect to Web through EWON, I connected PC directly to EWON, opened internet browser, went on google and it works

If you talk about Ip address of the PC when PC is in DHCP mode , I did ipconfig and saw 169.254.x.x

I will upgrade my Flexy to 14.0s.02 and see what it gives me.

If there is no alternative, we could set up a meeting.
I’ll let you know today about this.

Thank’s

Hello Franck,

I think we should have a screen share meeting to further diagnose this issue.

I am available 8am to 5pm EST. You can reach me at kann@hms.se regarding setting up the meeting.

Hello,

Per our Teamviewer session, the DHCP for LAN functionality is not functioning. I am going to run some tests and escalate the issue.

In the mean time, look in to the device and verify if it does have the ability to set a static IP. As well, contact your distributor. If you are located in Europe, you will need to reach out to our support team in the EU for further assistance. Their contact information is as follows:

mysupport.hms.se

Thank’s for your help Kevin.

I’ll let you know if I get news about it.

Hi,

I found something about this issue and I want to report it.

PROBLEM :
I asked my EWON to give dynamic IP address in range from 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.40
Ewon was 192.168.0.253
DHCP was not working (my PC got 169.254 …)

SOLUTION :
It seems that the range I asked for was too far from the EWON IP address.

I know it seems weird because DHCP should be able to give any address regardless the IP address of the EWON (obviously EWON IP address has to be outside the DHCP range and inside the network)

I put EWON at 192.168.0.5 and DHCP range from 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.20 and it works.