EWON functionality Comap

Hello
I have got a remote site with an ewon connected to an allenbradley plc and a couple of industrial pc’s, all working ok I have added a couple generator controllers (comap) to the network but I am unable to connect to them I can see them on the web browser when using ecatcher but not when using w2mweb have you had any experience using them ? it looks like its going to work but times out almost as if connection not good enough? ewon connected via lan connection

Thanks

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

I’m not familiar with this specific generator controller and the technology it uses for remote access. Is it just HTTP or does it also have VNC? If you have any documentation on it, I’ll take a look. If it’s using VNC, you can try adjusting the color depth in eCatcher which fixes a lot of issues with that. If its only HTTP or HTTPS, you may have to adjust the authentication. But not all technologies are compatible with M2Web, like ActiveX or Java frameworks, so you may have to use eCatcher for access to these devices.

If you have more details or documentation please let me know.

Thanks!

Kyle

Hello Kyle

Thanks for getting back to me it just use’s HTTP it gets to the login page and enter password then connection fails,

The system uses an intelimointor software to connect but that doesn’t work either on ecatcher think its got to be a speed issue or protocol? I will look into some documentation for you

Thanks

Ashley

M2Web may not be able to forward the credentials properly in this case. You could try different types of authentication if possible.

You may need to create a driver in the Intelimonitor software for the TAP adapter perhaps? Or increase the Time Out?

Hello Kyle

Please find the attached, I have tried loads of different settings still unable to connect via the EWON any help would be very useful as looking to use this lots and lots on loads of different sites
if we can get this one working that is lol

Thanks

Communication Guide.pdf (13.1 MB)

So I’ve gone through the manual, and I think this is the relevant section:

So which type of Controller is it? (IG-NTC-BB, IS-NTC-BB, IM-NTC-BB?) We will need to know if it’s using the external bridge for Ethernet or not, because if it is we need the InternetBridge-NT 3.3.1 Global Guide.

Kyle

Hello kyle

Thanks for looking into this for me its a ig-ntc-bb straight ethernet connection no bridge

Thanks

Ashley

@ashleyE,

Can you let me know what the serial number of the eWON is, where it’s located, and where you are connecting from (geographically)?

Also, are there any settings in the controller to increase the timeout on ethernet connections?

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.