Flexy Recovery

I loaded 12.2s1PR on a Flexy 201.
But since that is not production release I have tried downgrading to 12.1s2, as I understand is the only path?
I have tried this together with the reset button with and without a switch inbetwee, but if fails everytime.

What do you suggest?

You’ll need to perform a recovery with a 10/100 ethernet switch (not gigabit). You can use a managed gigabit switch and manually set the port speed down to 10/100 for the switch if needed.

Once your eWON device is plugged into the ethernet switch, provide a cable from the ethernet switch to LAN port 1 of your Flexy. Next, you will need to perform the recovery in eBuddy following pages 6-10 in the following KB article: https://websupport.ewon.biz/sites/default/files/kb-0114-0-en-ewon_recovery_and_major_firmware_upgrade.pdf

I’ve tried that but when booting the flexy holding the button in, and releasing when the progress bar message dissappears, it tells me I didn’t press the button the second time. How fast does that need to happen?

@landersson

You hold the reset button while the eWON is powered off and then power on the eWON device.
After ~5 seconds, ebuddy will prompt you to release and press twice more. Once you release and press twice more, you can release/relax and let the file transfer until it says it finished or asks you to perform it again.

I tried another switch and it worked as described. Must have been a GB switch.

1 Like