FW: Flexy205 w/ FLB3203

Support,

I have a customer that recently purchased a Flexy205 and the FLB-3203 card. He has tried the card in both slots but always gets the following results when testing the VPN connection (along with the attached log):

Based on the final message “Failed: all switch port attributed to LAN” would tell me he hasn’t configured the cellular card to be his WAN connection – and yet there is a checkbox making me think the WAN connection is ok. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Flexy205 demo unit to see what the wizard looks like for setting the network connection. Is it similar to the Cosy in that it asks for what connection will be used for the WAN connection in one of the wizard steps?

The customer has checked with his cellular provider and they can see his card online so the modem appears to be working. One thing that is strange is the STAT light on the cellular modem seems to change between green and orange after the boot-up sequence.

He has been able to use the wired WAN port on the Flexy and successfully establish a connection to the Talk2M server.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on this.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

@Paul_Eggers

The WAN connection will show a green checkmark if he is using a Ethernet WAN or WIFI WAN with static credentials. The WAN connection check in the talk2M wizard doesn’t check whether the device can reach the internet but checks whether the eWON received an IP address from the network and if you use a static WAN IP then you have received an IP address although it may be artificial.

Would it be possible to get a backup of the device or a screenshot of the Internet wizard settings?

Additionally, did your customer reboot the eWON after changing the switch configuration? I would have them power cycle the device then ensure modem is the WAN option / passing the internet wizard.

Joe,

Thanks for your response. In this case, the customer is using a cellular card and Verizon verifies it is active. However, if he hasn’t selected the cellular connection for his WAN, it may be using a static IP address from his ethernet WAN configuration – and thus the checkmark.

I’ll see if my customer can get some screenshots of going thru the wizard – I’m not 100% sure he’s selected the cellular modem as his WAN connection but I haven’t physically seen the setup either. I believe he has rebooted the unit several times but it hasn’t fixed the issue. I also have some Flexy 201’s I can check his cellular card with if he brings it to my office.

I’ll let you know what I find out.