Fw: Modbus map

Right. I connected to Modbus side & cannot ping the server address of 192.168.1.100.

Based on the above screen shots it looks like the 192.168.1.100 is the modbus server. If you can not get to that from the second port that would mean the linking devices also can not get to it.
Once you solve this issue I would expect you to start seeing the linking device start working.

Deryck

Excellent & my thoughts too.

C. Horn

I sent the scale back to the supplier and they confirmed it was OK.

I have changed the mapping to try and read only 1 32 bit register with no change.

What am I missing?

Hello,

It is hard to day what you are missing. We can review the configuration to see if anything could be getting over looked.
What are the IP addresses in use here?

• linking device Ethernet/IP side
  • linking device Modbus Master side
  • modbus Slave device.
    from a PC on the modbus lan side can you ping both the Modbus master and slave IP addresses?
    What are the addresses that you are reading?
    Can you poll the device from a master simulator?
    Do you have another device the linking device can poll?
    Can you set up a slave simulator on you PC and poll that?

Anybus gateway is 192.168.1.20 and Modbus TCP scale is 192.168.1.100

C. Horn

What is set for the modbus master interface? When in the configuration manger what is in the IP address set for the Modbus client?

Deryck

I will get back with you tomorrow. Thank you for replies.

C.Horn

Modbus server is set for 192.168.1.9 and I set the client for the same at first and then changed to 192.168.1.8

Ethernet IP side is 192.168.1.20

Are you able to webex and remote view my PC? Maybe this will get me to finish line.

It think a screen sharing and phone call would be a great option for this issue.
I have some availability this after noon to schedule a Teamviewer session. Let me know a time and number and I can give you a call or reel free to call the general support line 312-893-5636 and as long as im still available I should be able to jump right on.

Deryck

Correction. Both set to .100 now.

Any opportunity tomorrow mid morning or early afternoon?

What do you mean both? You do not want two devices with the same IP address.

I should be available most of the day tomorrow. Would 11:00 EST work?

Deryck

I questioned that too. The Ethernet IP side is .20 and the Modbus server & Modbus Client are both .100 in HMS Linking device config. I questioned this too but not knowing how it works internally, I tried both with no change.

deryck_hms
HMS Technical Support Engineer

May 30

hornautomation:
Correction. Both set to .100 now.

What do you mean both? You do not want two devices with the same IP address.

hornautomation:
Any opportunity tomorrow mid morning or early afternoon?

I should be available most of the day tomorrow. Would 11:00 EST work?

Deryck

To make sure there is no confusion. There are two ip addresses for the linking device, one on the ethernet/ip side set though IP config/bootp then another for the Modbus Client/maste side set though the modbus client tab. image
The Ethernet/IP side is accesses though the ports on the front and the Modbus is accessed though the ports on the bottom.

The modbus server is the device that you are accessing data off of. You are setting this up under the Modbus server tab. Both the modbus client and server addresses need to be in the same subnet. image

Ok. So the Ethernet/IP side address I am using is 192.168.1.20. The modbus tcp device I am connected to is set for 192.168.1.100.

Does this mean I need a 3rd IP address for the Modbus client also?

I can ping Ethernet/IP side. Have have since disconnected the modbus node and connected to the switch that I access via eWon. I still cannot ping it so I have gone back to supplier of Modbus device. Its a beltway scale. I sent the scale back and they had no problems.

Correct, you need a second ip on the modbus side of the linking device. You also need to make sure the modbus interface, one of the ports on the bottom, is connected to the same switch the scale is attached to.

Deryck

I tried that with no change. I had the linking device connected directly to scale. still no go.