Fw: Modbus map

Are the Eth/IP side and the Modbus side of the HMS gateway using the same switch?
Is this an issue for the gateway device?

The Ethernet/IP and Modbus can be on the same switch they just need to have separate ip addresses.

Can you ping both interfaces? What ewon do you have attached? Is it a Flexy?

they are now. Before I had the HMS only connected to modbus device through X2.1.

It is a Cosy 131

I can connect X2.1 to switch and ping Modbus Client IP address on HMS.

Will you be available to take a look at this setup today?

I need to figure out a resolution soon. Pretty important to customer’s configuration on a new machine.

deryck_hms
HMS Technical Support Engineer

May 30

alt anon0860344894:
Are the Eth/IP side and the Modbus side of the HMS gateway using the same switch?

Is this an issue for the gateway device?

The Ethernet/IP and Modbus can be on the same switch they just need to have separate ip addresses.

alt hornautomation:
I tried that with no change. I had the linking device connected directly to scale. still no go.

Can you ping both interfaces? What ewon do you have attached? Is it a Flexy?

I am available right now for about 40 minutes as I have a meeting at 10am EST. After that i will not be available until after 1pm. If you are looking for a Teamviewer between then my colleague @support might be able to help depending on his availability.

Deryck

I missed that. HOw about now?

I should be free for the rest of the afternoon. Feel free to call the support line 3128290601 or provide a phone number and a time and I can call you.

Deryck

Please call <staff notes> @ 1 PM CST

I will make a trip to the site next week to further troubleshoot connection to scale from linking device.

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up regarding this case. I never heard from you this week did you ever make it on site and get the modbus transactions to go though?

Deryck

I have not. I had a surprise audit this week. Hoping for next week.

C. Horn

Bad cable from X2.1 to scale. Working on figuring out what the data means now…so the fun begins.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Nice,

Good to hear you are up and running. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the gateway.

Deryck

To be more precise, it may have been length of cable. Customer had a 50’ cable connected. It tested good.

C. Horn

Topic closed due to inactivity.