Internet and VPN connection fails every minute

Kevin,

Any update on this topic since we gave you access to this device?

Hello Tj,

So i logged ina couple of days last week and reviewed this device.

I checked the error logs on each connect and found that on device side, there were no errors besides the losing brief connection to the Cellular network. I changed some settings such as all time min/max. However, there was no change with the issue.

I concur with the team in Belgium. There is a hardware issue that is at fault. You stated previously that this device was connected by ethernet at one point, and experienced the same issue. If that is the case, I advise working with your distributor and seeking an RMA. I performed every possible test as I could, but could not find any setting change to resolve the problem on hand.

Kevin,

We are in the process of testing AT&T card to see if we see the same issue?

We have a total of 29 of these devices being installed in the Field. We have 4 that we have test that are doing the same thing. The one we have in house was order about 6 months before the 29 that are being installed.

If your answer is correct there is a hardware issue with cards that have been ordered 6 month apart?

Has Belgium tested this and proved this out that the setup that we have does work with Verizon and AT&T?

I found it hard to believe that we have an issue with all of these cards.

Is there a way to demo this setup to prove that you can 100% make this work on what we are trying to do?

Hello Tj,

The process for AT&T should be similiar for the cellular modem setup.

As for the other units, I cannot accurately say that the three other devices have the same problem. I have not reviewed, nor tested the devices to make that kind of assumption. ‘’

The devices could have been created in the sam ebatch, but distributed at differents. I would need to see the serial numbers of the three units to determine if the are in the same batch.

I would need to reach out to Belguim to determine if they have tested these devices with AT&T and Verizon.

As stated above, I my determination of the issue is only for the device that I tested with and worked on. I would require testing and the back ups of all affected devices to determine if the root cause is the same.

I am currently out of the office for training, I can check our inventory when I get back in the office to see if i can find equipment to test on.

Kevin,

we have another tech install one of the device and it was doing the same thing on a site today. We had to change the IP address from 192.168.0.1 since it was connect to a computer with that IP address as the gateway. We change the Ewon to 192.168.0.2 and the connection became stable. This site is Memphis if you want to log in and get all the data you need from this device.

Tj,

I will be returning to the office tomorrow. I will take a look at the memphis site.

I will also create a post addressing all the sites and the complete information. I would like to resolve the problem devices to determine exactly what configuration settings could be causing the disconnects as well.

Hello TJ,

After some review, the biggest issue that we have that this is occurring on multiple sites. That it could be tied to the assigning th eflexy as the gateway of the unit. Could you please provide the following for all sites that are affected

Site:
Ewon
LAN IP:
Subnet:
Gateway:

Site
Connected PLC:
LAN IP:
Subnet:
Gateway:

If the affected sites are still unstable, can you please provide the backup with support files. Having these files will decrease the investigation time significantly.

Kevin,

Here the sites that have issues. The PLCs are not causing any issues. It is only when we have a computer attached to the Ewon that has the same gateway. Any of the sites that just have a PLC and HMI program does not seem to be having any issues. All these site are just being used for remote support and NO Internet is being provided any of the device on the network.

We have one in Houston office that is not on VPN and we can duplicate the issue on this device as well.