IT Frustration

I have EWON Flexy devices in Thailand that I was able to communicate with via my work provided laptop. About 4 months ago I lost the ability to connect to the to see my PLC and HMI’s. I have been “working” with our IT department as it appears they have changed settings in there firewall that are now preventing me from connecting to them. I can connect to them with a non work laptop so I know it still works. Getting any resolution with our illustrious IT department is like pulling teeth. They are asking for destination IP’s that your cloud server has. Can you please direct me to how I can find them or can you tell me what they are?..
The error I get is… " Server communication error : peer not authenticated

Hi,

That error usually indicates they are using a firewall deep packet inspection which would replace are Talk2m HTTPS certificate. When the certificate is replace are servers consider that a man in the middle attack and you receive that error message. They will have to disable the firewall for are communication. Here is a document on what needs to be whitelisted.

As for are IP addresses we do not recommend your IT whitelisting those over the domain names since are IP addresses can change and you will not be able to connect.

Here is a list we manually update. If they need to do an IP whitelist they will have to do a DNS lookup on each of the addresses to make sure those IPs are still valid. Note that are host names do not change only the IP addresses can.