Multiple Modbus IO Servers

You’re welcome!

A post was split to a new topic: Viewon and SD card question

Using RS 485 Repeater MODBUS RTU How many maximum slave we can connect Flexy 102

Typically it would be 32 as that’s the limit for RS-485, but using repeaters you could increase the max to 255.

I have ethernet to serial converter (serial bus server )
Connected to ewon flexy 102 via LAN and serial end RS 485 connected to MODBUS serial device how configure the ewon flexy to get data from serial device modbus registers

slave ID 53
Converter IP - 192.56.83.11

AUG-0059-00 - Polling data from MODBUS TCP

I have set address 40102,8,ip

Modbus tcp port 4001
I am getting 22307 connect socket failed in my Flexy 102

Have you tried using the default port 502?

Have you tried reading the register using Modbus scanner simulator, like Modscan or CAS Modbus Scanner to test that it’s working?

I tried port #502

meter was working when i was connected modscan 32

Now i connected slave device to the moxa serial device server rs 485 port and moxa ethernet port connected to LAN

I have set config moxa nport 5130 as TCP server

Have you tested with Modscan connecting to the RTU/TCP adapter?

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE

Plz Check setup is it ok ?

Is the Office LAN connected to the Flexy WAN or LAN port?

In the picture you show the Ewon IP address is 192.168.27.32. However, you said the converter IP address is 192.56.83.11. Is this just a typo?

You still haven’t told me if you can poll the converter with Modscan. Until you can successfully do this, you are kind of wasting your time troubleshooting the Flexy.

Office LAN connected flexy Base unit LAN Port.
IP Address only type…
Modscan 32 don’t have TCP/RTU poll Option, I tried using modbus poll software that also not detecting the converter (TCP Server)

The converter have web (console) configuration option its working perfectly and also pinging normally.

The problem is with the converter. You need to figure that out first. Once you can poll the converter with Modscan or another Modbus scanner, then you should be able to poll it with the Ewon.

To iniciate the TCP Coonection between MOXA Nport TCP Server and Client we need to install pcomm terminal emulator in the client PC.

In my case Flexy 102 is the client how can i do this ?
Plz see this video FYR…How to Configure Ethernet to Serial Converter MOXA NPORT Operation Mode as TCP SERVER - YouTube

Now its working the Modbus poll software

And the Nport converter need to iniciate tcp connection from flexy 102 as tcp client
How can i do this ?

You cannot install a terminal emulator on the Flexy. However, you shouldn’t need to if you are trying to communicate with a traditional Modbus TCP server. The Flexy will initiate the connection and poll the server.

Please send me the Moxa manual.

plz suggest me Flexy 102 configuration IO Setup ,Poll Setup, port setup and Adress setup,

Manual linked Model Nport 5130

I have configred through WEB Console