Need simple tutorial and understanding errors

Hi, I have read diagnostic LED for A7504 but do not understand.
On ProfiNet side, NS: Red flashing error ( Station name, IP address, Configuration?)
On EtherNet/IP side, MS and NS Green Flashing (Incorrect IP address and Standby?)
IP address for EtherNET/IP side set to 192.168.0.254

It does not seem working. Is that because I have not put the program in both PLC ( Masters)? If not, how can I resolve the problems?

Is there a simple tutorial that can help me write programs for PLCs that communicate with across AnyBus Gateway? I am using Simatic CPU 300 and Allen Bradley ControLogix 5563? And what are the reasons for PLC to communicate with other PLC? I am new in this field.

Hello @clementyap,

The NS light should be flashing in a patter to indicating the issue is.

For the ethernet IP side it seems like no connection is active so the device is in standby. This would match as you described that the device is not added to the master yet.

I recommend taking a look at the app notes on the Files and documents page for the modules for help with setup.

https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-specific/?orderCode=AB7504

Deryck

Hi. I have followed the tutorial and I focused on only the EtherNet/IP side as the Siemens CPU-300 is not available at the moment.

Here are details what I had performed:-
Network Ports (1) at the upper and bottom are used for EtherNet(X1.1) and Profinet(X2.1) respectively. AnyBus Gateway’s IP Configuration switch is set to 192.168.0.1. Shouldn’t it be same as 192.168.2.52 as shown in the 2nd Pic? And I am quite confused with statement “To use a different subnet, set all switches to off and configure it with AnyBus IP Configurator tool.”. What are the procedures in connection before using IPconfig tool?

The Controllogix PLC has 2 EtherNet modules slotted with it. They are at Slot 1 and slot 5. Slot 1 is connected to network via router and slot 5 is connected to AnyBus Gateway’s EtherNet Port.
See the pic below.

And here are configurations in RSLogix 5000 in highlighted yellow as shown below.
Slot 5 is configured and configuration for anyBus Module as well.

And here is the result from the configurations in AnyBus Config manager as well as shown below.

The results are:-
EtherNet/IP:-

LED indicator status:-
GW - Brightly lit
Link 1 - Brightly lit
MS - Green Flashing (Standby, not yet configured)
NS - Green Flashing (No EtherNet Connection)

What I do not understand is that, MS is already configured in AnyBus Configurator Manager by USB and NS is still connected to ControlLogix.

Are they normal? and how do I view monitor page?

What should i look for since in the tag window? See below.

Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

If you have the dip switched set the gateway will used that to set the IP address on boot. With them off the gateway will used the address set with IPconfig. You will need to connect to both side of the gateway and set their IP addresses. Setting the IP address in the module properties does not set it on the gateway. Setting this is telling the PLC what IP address to connect to. Are you able to ping both the PLC Ethernet card and the module? What are the faults on the module?

I am a bit confused with the screen shot of the monitor tab. Seeing data on both sides seems to indicate that there is communications working. The LED’s you point out seem to indicate there is not Ethernet connection from the PLC. Is the screenshot from your device? It is accessible though a Browser thought he Ethernet side of the device.

Deryck

Hi. Thanks. Regarding the screenshot of the monitor tab. actually this is a snapshot of the example. I wanted to ask where I can view this. Sorry for the confusion. What’s the IP address? EtherNet’s IP address is URL that I can used to access in the browser?

I could not get working results in my previous test. I am still focusing on etherNet /IP side.

Using IpConfig Tool, it does not work as there are no produced results. I understand that the value of all subnet masks must be same. What am I missing?

Subnet masks must be same for Ethernet cards in Controllogix, AB7504 and
PC?
How do I change the subnet masks in module in RSlogix 5000? By running RSNetWorx, to change them?

Replying to your questions, I have set DIP switch to that "all off " value that would be set by software.

And I have problem detecting AnyBus gateway (AB7504) in IP Config tool inside AnyBus Configuration Manager. Kindly advise me the correct procedures for it to work. For it to work, connect ONLY usb and ethernet cable to (any one of the ports) in gateway and nothing else, correct?. if so, I cannot detect it. Or is it the wrong procedure?

Or

Please kindly advise.

Clement

Hello @clementyap,

It sounds like setting the IP address is the first issue that needs to be resolved. You should be able to scan your the network with IPconfig and have any Anybus device show up. If you are not seeing any device come back it could be getting blocked by your firewall or you could be scanning the wrong adapter.

First make sure your firewall is not blocking IPconfig from accessing the network. It is sending out a broadcast message over port 3250.
Also, from the settings try selecting the Ethernet adapter going to the device. It might also help to use a laptop and connect directly to the module.

Deryck

Hello @deryck_hms.

I have issue with IP-Config tool. Please see the attached.

At AnyBus Gateway side, I am not able to change the address of the gateway. it is supposed to be 192.168.2.1. Notice the highlighted values.
Please advise. Thanks

I’m thinking other setting you are setting could be conflicting with the device. What are you using for the Mask and Gateway?
Your configuration should look something like this. Can you upload a screenshot showing what you are setting.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Thank you.

Here’s an attached.

I tried changing gateway value but it does not take effect.

Your regards

Hi, Deryck again.

I am sorry as I forgot reply regarding the connected device to ProfiNet.

ProfiNet – Simatic CPU 300

EtherNet/IP – ControlLogix Logix 5563

Yours regards

The gateway and the IP address can not be the same value. Try leaving the gateway blank and see if the IP address takes.

Deryck

Hi, Deryck.

For your info, I am working on AB7956 now.

With anti-virus disenabled and PC IPV4 set to auto, and PC to AB7956 direct connected, I am able to see etherNet/IP with the same IP address that has set in DIP switch.

Then with CC-Link plugged directly, I am not able to see.
On the CC-Link side, Error LED lit red. The node in DIP is set to Node 1.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Hi, again. How do i open the monitor page? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You will want to use our IP config software to scan and set the IP address for the device . Available on the files and documents page.

The monitor page can be accessed though a browser at the set IP address.

Best regards,
Deryck

Hi Deryck,
I am unable to access the monitor web page by IP address set for etherNet/IP side. I am able to use IP Config Tool but I am not able to ping.

regards
Clement Yap

Hello @clementyap,

It seems like this might be a routing issue to the device. Does your pc have an IP address in the same subnetwork as the Anybus? If not you will need to set a static IP in the same range to give you access.

Deryck

A post was split to a new topic: AB7956 Setup questions

A post was merged into an existing topic: AB7956 Setup questions