Outdated Ewon Flexy data shows in Ignition

1. In the Ignition Tag Browser, there is a tag that keeps popping up in the list of tags, but I’ve deleted it on my Flexy. If I delete it manually, it will come back after some time. If I check the logs of Ignition, I can see an error related to the tag.

1. In the Ignition Tag Browser, there are some old devices being listed even though they were deleted a long time ago. Do you know how I can delete them?

(Adapted from email)

Hi,

Data populated by the Ewon Ignition connector is taken from Data Mailbox. The issues you are seeing are commonly a result of unwanted data remaining in Data Mailbox.

When tags are deleted on the Ewon/Flexy, their history may still remain in Data Mailbox. Since Ignition populates it’s data from there, the tag will still appear on Ignition.

To remove this tag’s history, I recommend taking a look at the delete command (4.5.6) and/or clean command (4.5.7) on pages 24 - 25 of the DMWeb API User Guide, found here: https://developer.ewon.biz/system/files_force/rg-0005-00-en-reference-guide-for-dmweb-api.pdf?download=0. The delete command can remove all historical data, historical data for one Ewon, or all historical data before a specified transaction id. The clean command has the same functionality as the delete command, but the clean command also removes applicable configuration data as well.

For devices that have been removed, in Ignition, you can right click on the device and choose Delete. If the device returns, you may need to run the clean command (4.5.7) referenced above.

Topic closed due to inactivity.