Reading Registers on AB7072-B from PLC

Hello,

I had recently set up an AB7072-B so I am able to write weights to the registers from a PC application via RS-232. I am doing a consume and it is set up to receive 6 words, then a comma, then 6 more words.

I am able to see myself writing data to the gateway by using the logging feature.

My customer is trying to read this via PLC and we’re not sure what address to start reading at? He says he’s expecting a 30,000 number or a 40,000 number and I’m not sure where I find that information. On my configuration, it says the data location is 0 for the first weight and 6 for the second weight.

I’ll attach my configuration and the log of my data. I’m supposed to have a call with them this afternoon, so I’m hoping to hear back by then if possible.

Here is my previous post if you want to reference what we did there:

Thanks a lot!
Zach

101718.cfg (16.0 KB)
Log - 101818.txt (24.7 KB)

Hello Zack,
I have been working with your end customer a few time to get some modbus issues resolved but he was still not seeing any data. After further trouble shooting with him it appears that the consume transaction is not actually reading in data.

This only would be verifying the serial settings are correct. The log shows all data that is being read into the communicator and not just what is consumed based on your transactions. To see what is consumed you can look at the node monitor. This will show you the Bytes in HEX that have been consumed and are in memory. This is the same data that is available on the Ethernet interface.

It looks like your consume transactions are not actually consuming data. This could be an issue with the layout of the data or possibly some issue with timing. A common issue is that message delimiter timing for the subnetwork is to short. Try increasing it from 100 to 300.

Deryck