T2M.txt configuration without SD card

I’m trying to create a couple backup files that I can use for every Flexy I have to setup, but when I restore a working backup to a new Flexy it never does the Talk2M auto-configure once it gets a good connection. After the restore I can see that the Flexy has the correct T2MKey in the COM config section. If I then follow the procedure to move the T2M.txt file to the Flexy using the SD card it works fine.

Is there any way to set this up without the need for an SD card?

Hello David,

The devices can be set up utilizing the wizards within the UI of the Flexy devices. This requires the use of a local connection and eBuddy.

Are you trying to configure multiple devices at once?

What I’m trying to do is create a one or two step setup process where I can restore a backup for either a WAN, ATT, or Verizon connection. The biggest problem would be with the ATT and Verizon setup as I will not have an active connection when I’m doing the setup. Currently, I see 2 options. One, I use an SD card for the backup and initiating the T2M.txt file which requires going through the SD card setup twice (from what I understand the first time it configures and wipes the memory and then the second time actually restores the backup parameters). The second option is to restore the backup using eBuddy and then using an SD card to initiate the T2M.txt file setup. Ideally I would like to eliminate the use of an SD card and be able to restore the backup in one step with eBuddy and then only have to change the name of the Flexy.

Currently, if I do a restore from eBuddy everything gets setup properly, but then when I plug in an active connection it does not automatically come up in eCatcher as “pending” like it does if I use the SD card to initiate the T2M.txt file.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a method that expedites this process to what you are looking for.

The SD Card and/or eBuddy restore process, are the only process we have to restore units.

I understand that, but I don’t understand why doing the restore through eBuddy does not also setup the Flexy to auto-configure the Talk2M setup once it receives a connection.

If I create a backup of a Flexy that will auto-configure the Talk2M setup once it receives a connection, why does a Flexy that gets restored from that backup not auto-configure the Talk2M setup? It’s especially confusing because after doing the restore I can see that the T2MKey is setup and correct in the second Flexy.

Hello David,

I did some more digging on this issue. I found a document and a previous post that may assist you with the one time setup.

BY having the Comfig.txt and Talk2m.txt, you can do the setup all in one go.

The talk2m setup must require an activation key to go through the wizard. You can go through the global activation key, or the standard activation key to a eCatcher account. The above post and document can assist with the 1-step setup.

Topic closed due to inactivity.