Talk2M Wizard Failing (HTTPS Dialog Failed)

One of our customer's end users is getting HTTPS Dialog Failed. They say there is no proxy server / there is a direct connection from the unit to the Internet. We updated to FW 13.0 and no luck there.

The event log shows lots of DNS failures so we had him put the default gateway IP into the DNS address setting as well and that caused the Internet wizard to fail.

Backup with support files is attached.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (86 KB)

Hello Tom,

When we see error like this it is either an indication that the eWon is not actually getting out of the network or there is an issue with the DNS. If you connect a PC to the WAN Ethernet can it reach the internet? If you run the connection checker does that pass?

You do not want the gateway set as the DNS server. Try setting another DNS server such as 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 If it is only an issue with the DNS server this should resolve it.

Deryck

1. He had internet access from his PC when he plugged in to it and set his laptop interface to the same static IP info we were using on the Cosy
  2. We didn’t try the Talk2M Connection Checker, I’ll send it to him but it sounds like it will pass.
  3. We tried 8.8.8.8 for the DNS and that didn’t work either.

Is there a reason he is using static info on the WAN? Is there no DHCP server on the WAN network?

Deryck

I believe the network guys want it to be static. That doesn’t strike me as unusual in any way.

There is nothing wrong with using static info. From from experience I see plenty of cases where static does not work but DHCP will. If there is a DHCP server I would recommend trying to connect and compare the addresses received with the static info.

Deryck

The customer now tells me that they didn’t have the internet connection plugged into the WAN, they had it on a LAN port.

Would it make sense for the Internet wizard to pass and the Talk2M wizard WAN section to have a green checkmark if there’s no connection on the WAN port? Would using a static IP make the eWON Internet wizard pass without actually having the WAN port connected to anything?

Seems fishy to me.

The internet wizard and the WAN check will pass if there is static info set. For the internet wizard, if the check online address is not checked we are only seeing if there is valid internet info set. If the check online address is check we will quickly test a TCP connection to one of our servers if the WAN was not connected the test would have failed.

Deryck

A post was split to a new topic: Https dialog failed 4/17