VPN setup Read Talk2M config FAILED: All switch port attributed to LAN

I am setting up Flexy 205. System and Internet wizards set up without problem. VPN wizard fails in step Read Talk2M config - Unknown eWON. The thumb down message says: FAILED: All switch port attributed to LAN.

Any ideas? I set up half a dozen Flexys using the same set up without a problem.

Hello,

This error can occur when setting up wifi/cellular. THe work around for this is to se one unused LAN port to a WAN port within the System Wizard, then running the VPN again.

Hola!
Al tratar de hacer el “talk2m test and configuration”.
Me manda el error: read talk2m config
talk2m access denied
Failed: all switch port atributed to lan.
Leí que había que colocar un puerto lan sin uso como como puerto wan.
Usted me podría ayudar y explicar mejor como hago eso?
De ante mano muchas gracias.
Saludos
Rodrigo

Hi, you have to rerun the system wizard and on the screen that shows your device ports you need to select one to be reed which is the WAN port.

Muchas gracias lo reviso ahora.

This issue is from January of 2020, hasn’t this been addressed in any firmware updates since then?

When I change a port to WAN, and try the VPN setup again, I get the below error sometimes.

And then I get this, if I change the connection type and even reboot. But I’ve setup dozens with a maintained connection, why does that matter now? Anyway, this isn’t the first I’ve had failing like this, but they have all been recent.

Hello Justin,

Per our conversation, i am actively looking to this issue. I have also escalated to my team for further assistance.

I am setting up another one today and getting the same error again.

To note, I tried configuring the VPN with all switch ports set to LAN, which failed, and then changed on to WAN and tried again. This ewon is now failing with the same “System exec error” as the other.

Hello Justin,

I did email you with a response from our escalation. Did you recieve it?

I did, and will be trying it today.

How do I do a Level 2 Reset? All the links I have found are broken.

Such as this one.

Alright, I called and Derek told me how to do it. And now I have tested this process and find it to be a repeatable issue.

Steps:
1: Load my configs, which updates the ports to LAN because we use cellular modems on all units.
2: Setup cellular modem connection (This works fine)
3: Attempt to setup VPN (This fails due to “All ports are set to LAN” error)
4: Change port 4 back to WAN
5: Attempt to setup VPN again (continuously fails due to “System Exec Error”)

Config files have been emailed to support.

Unless there is something very wrong with my config files, which even if there is the OS should be catching & replacing, this old issue of LAN ports preventing VPN setup really needs to be fixed.

Hello Justin,

I will update the escalation and see what our development team says.