FW: eWon Support

Forwarding this to Zach @ Ewon tech support.

Zach please see below and review + attached document.

Hi @Thompson_Tim

Zach is out on vacation this week so I’ll take over on this one for now. Could we schedule a time to take a look at this over TeamViewer when you’re available?

-Tim

Resend as 1st email did not make it to HMS. how

Hi @Thompson_Tim,

Can you have him reply here on the forum? I’ll make sure that any contact information is hidden from people outside of hms support

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I don’t know how to do that, this is just coming through via email back and forth, so I don’t even know how to tell the customer to do that? But when you respond can you not respond all?

We received this ticket on our forum hms.how. He would just need to click on that link and then make a user on the site and then he can reply to us

Hi Tim,

I am not getting any link, here is a screen shot.

Do you see it in this one?

https://forum.hms-networks.com/t/fw-ewon-support/66873/7

I haven’t Tim, I think this went somewhat dead in the water. I was sent a video of Ewon unit where the USR light goes Red and the unit restarts.

I think another log file would be helpful and I’ve requested that, but both Ewon units are offline there and I’m waiting for feedback from the internal IT as to why that might be.

Hi Simon,

Can you please work with you support team to assist Jessy, it seems that this has just died off since last week when we last spoke.

My understanding is that a case was open, but it seems to have feel through the cracks.

Please help, it was Tim @ HMS originally working on this.

Hi @Thompson_Tim and @Jessy_Underhill,

I was still waiting on hearing back from Mikhail on this one, is he not able to respond to the hms.how post?

Hello all.

I have registered and I hope that the process of solving the problem will go faster.

At the moment we are awaiting a response from our IT, since Ewon modules are not available for remote connection.

Maybe you need some additional information to understand the problems?

Hi Mikhail,

Not sure if their IT team already saw this but could they review this document?

Can you also make sure that OpenVPN isn’t being blocked on their network?

If those have already been checked can you have them take a backup.tar file of the device with support files included and then send that to us?

-Tim

We have implemented a system of access control at our company, so only IT can view the settings and make changes.

I will send this file to them.

I recently made a backup of Ewon with support files MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (185.5 KB)

Right now it looks like they aren’t able to reach our servers

image.

Depending on which step of the VPN wizard they’re failing this might be helpful too.

Can’t pass VPN (Talk2M) Wizard v1.1.docx (119.7 KB)

Thanks Tim.

I will transfer all information to IT.

I will let you know how to get the answer.

Ok, I’ll keep an eye out for your response

Just checking in on the status of this. Were you able to make any progress on this Mikhail for your IT department?

Hi Jessy, I haven’t heard anything back on this since September 2nd

They are still having DNS failure from what they presented to me today.