RE: help connecting to wifi with flb 3271

Hi Deryck,

How do we go about this?

I have a second card that does the same thing so maybe they’re both in need of an RMA.

Trevor

Hello Trevor,

With two cards having the issue I would be more inclined to this there is something else going on causing issues. Can you take a backup with the second wifi card though ebuddy. Make sure you check “include support files”.

Have you talked to the IT department to see if they see anything in there logs indicating why this could be getting rejected?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Attached is the exported backup file.

Even though the ewon reports that it’s being rejected, the logs don’t even show something attempting to connect.

You saw what happens when trying to connect to an iPhone hotspot.

Trevor

backup-2.tar (71.5 KB)

I would like to see if FW 12 has the same issue. Can you perform a recovery down to 12.1 and see if the issue persists.

Deryck

Hello Trevor,

Were you able to get the ewon to maintain a connection to the WiFi network?

Deryck

@deryck_hms

Would like to now how this turned out as I am having exactly the same issue. Thanks.

Hi James,

Unfortunately I never received a follow up from Trevor. It looked like the issue could have been from the WiFi network itself. If you would like you can you can create a new issue to take a look at your case. Let me know what errors you see in the logs or if you send us a back up with support files, I can take a look at the logs and tell you what i see.

Deryck

We were never able to get the ewons to maintain a connection to wifi with the ewon wireless card.

Instead we used a wired connection to a TP link access point which has been working great.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/products/details/cat-5090_TL-WR802N.html

Trevor

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with Wifi setup

Topic closed due to inactivity.

2 posts were split to a new topic: FLB 3271 wifi extension card issues